Happy birthday to me!
I always think of the New Year as really starting a few weeks after January 1 – on January 20th. Given my birthday’s proximity to the start of the calendar year it’s made more sense to set goals for my own personal new year. Not resolutions, necessarily, but a mini yearlong Bucket List to get me excited about the year ahead!
So, without further ado, a list of 31 for 31!
- Take a road trip with Essie.
- Get my PADI Advanced Diver certification.
- Go on a Lake Michigan wreck dive.
- Try new Chicago restaurants.
- Bike from Charlevoix to Harbor Springs.
- Participate in Run Charlevoix in June.
- Visit my Grandmother in Tucson.
- Visit my brother in Baltimore.
- Attend TBEX.
- Visit Tami in NYC.
- Spend more quality time with my girlfriends.
- Visit Emily and Lindsay in Indianapolis.
- FINALLY attend a Bears game at Soldier Field.
- Attend a glass blowing class.
- Continue to relearn Spanish and put myself in situations where I need to use it.
- Stay overnight and review a dog-friendly hotel with Essie.
- Read more novels.
- Hike, bike or run around Mackinac Island.
- Start swimming again.
- Give my apartment a makeover.
- Start doing yoga. Regularly.
- Pitch travel-related stories to both local and national markets.
- Create a way to better display and market my travel images.
- Make more travel videos.
- Simplify my life and my living/working space. In other words, get rid of stuff I don’t use.
- Feature at least one guest writer per month on A Lady Away.
- Go camping at Picture Rocks National Park in Michigan with Essie.
- Get to know Chinatown in Chicago better.
- Strum my guitar once in a while.
- Have monthly sister dinners.
- Drive the Lake Michigan Circle Tour.
I’m excited for this new year and what lies ahead!